Window graphics are a popular means of advertising, especially for smaller businesses with a localized audience. They are essentially posters made in a special film that can be attached to store windows without damaging them. Effective custom window graphics can attract a large audience since they can be seen by anyone who walks past. However, it is important to pick the right style, type and size to make them attractive, noticeable, durable and pocket-friendly.
Top 3 tips to pick the right custom window graphics for your business:
There are several factors that decide the type of window graphics you choose. This ranges from choice of location, materials, colors, font and images to your budget.
1. Types of window graphics:
Window graphics can be classified based on their opacity as transparent, translucent, perforated, opaque and etched vinyl. Here is how you can differentiate them:
- Transparent: Transparent window graphics only stand out if they are colored. The entire sheet will blend with the glass while the colored text or image will stand out to passers-by. These can be useful if you want your business to be noticed by outsiders, such as in cafes.
- Translucent: Transparent window graphics can be made translucent by adding background lights in order to make them visible at night.
- Perforated: Window graphics can be designed in a way where outsiders may not be able to see in, but insiders will be able to see out of the window. This is made possible with the help of small holes in the film.
- Opaque: Opaque graphics are films in solid colors and images that make seeing across the window entirely impossible. These can be useful if you are looking to give your customers privacy, like in a massage parlor or hair salon.
- Etched Vinyl: Etched vinyl window graphics help create a textured look on your window through text, patterns etc. These graphics allow light to enter your store and give it a refined look. They can be useful if natural lighting is crucial for your business such as in bookstores or cafes.
2. Design of your window graphic advertisement:
After you’ve picked the type of window graphic, it is important to design it right to make it noticeable. Pick a color that complements your brand’s language and font that is simple to read and large enough to be noticed. Picking the right colors is especially important if you are using transparent, translucent or etched window graphics. They need to contrast the background and be visible to everyone.
3. De-clutter your design:
Make sure your window graphic design is simple and de-cluttered, and conveys just enough for people to grasp information quickly. Verbose custom window graphics can seem chaotic and confuse passers-by instead of informing them.
Good custom window graphics can really help your business get noticed by a large number of localized clienteles. However, it is important to pick the right one by assessing your needs and goals. A design that is neat, visible, readable and accentuates your store can definitely make people notice you!. Connect with Competitive Signs at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-973.783.1001 for all your shop signage needs.
Read More: Top 4 Latest Trends In Custom LED Neon Signs